1 loaf, about 12 slices
2 cups of original Alove yogurt
½ cup brown sugar (packed)
¼ cup honey
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
½ cup powdered sugar
1 tbsp lemon juice
- In a mixing bowl, mix the Alove yogurt, brown sugar, honey, and vanilla extract.
- Once everything is mixed well, mix in the eggs, one egg at a time.
- Grate the rind of the 2 lemons into the mixing bowl and continue mixing.
- Add oil and mix well.
- In a separate mixing bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the second mixing bowl (dry ingredients) into the first mixing bowl and mix just until combined. Do not over-mix!
- Lay parchment paper in a 9×5 inch pan and pour mixture into pan.
- Bake at 350∞F for about 45 minutes. Test with toothpick for readiness.
- To make glaze, mix powdered sugar and lemon juice well. Before serving, drizzle on top of the pound cake and enjoy!
PRODUCT USED IN THE RECIPE: